Re: points to grid

From: Michael Notaro <mnotaro_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:58:24 -0600

Dennis,

Actually the data is an index of plant diversity over land.
I tried the following and got decent results:

combmod=triple2grid(lon1,lat1,combmod1,lon,lat,False)
combmod@_FillValue=-999.
do i=2,357,5
   do j=2,717,5
     val=avg(combmod(i-2:i+2,j-2:j+2))
     combmod(i-2:i+2,j-2:j+2)=val
   end do
end do
b=addfile("/Volumes/biggrape/bigmike/cru_ts_2_10.1901-2002.tmp.nc","r")
tmp=b->tmp(0,:,:)
combmod=mask(combmod,ismissing(tmp),False)

So, I used triple2grid to produce a 0.5 degree dataset but it has
regularly spaced missing values. Then I spatially smoothed
at each grid point to fill in the gaps. Then I used the CRU data to
mask
out ocean values. Not a bad result but obviously not perfect.

Mike