Interpolation

From: <Oliver.Fuhrer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:19:31 +0100

Hi all,

I have an deformed grid specified by x(ny,nx), y(ny,nx) and some
function defined on the grid f(ny,nx). I would like to interpolate
function values f(np) for a list of points in (x,y) space defined by
xo(np), yo(np), where np is the number of points. I was not really
successfull in finding the appropriate NCL functions, as they always
seem to assume fully irregular grids or Cartesian grids. I would be very
glad, if someone could give me a hint or a code snippet of how to
achieve this efficiently!

Thanks for your help,
Oliver

Oliver Fuhrer
Numerical Models

Federal Departement of Home Affairs FDHA
Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss

Kraehbuehlstrasse 58, P.O. Box 514, CH-8044 Zurich, Switzerland

Tel. +41 44 256 93 59
Fax +41 44 256 92 78
oliver.fuhrer_at_meteoswiss.ch
www.meteoswiss.ch - First-hand information