regline, dtrend and least squares linear trend

From: Erwan Monier <emonier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:34:58 -0800

Hi,

I have to calculate trends using the least squares linear fit method
and then test the significance of the trend using a t-test. regline
gives the regression coefficient (trend) and y-intercept at x=0 as
well as the t-statistic. Does it use the least squares linear fit
method? I know for sure that dtrend uses that method to remove the
trend but it does not provide the t-statistic. So what is my best
option? Can I use regline (does it use the least squares linear fit
method)? Or, if not, how can I obtain the t-statistic using dtrend?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Erwan