Rif: Re: [ncl-talk] label bar precision

From: <franco.catalano_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:51:14 +0100

Hi Adam and ncl users,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have also found an easier alternative, setting cnLineLabelFormat.

This parameter controls the precision of line libels as well.

Franco

Adam Phillips <asphilli@cgd.ucar.edu>
11/12/2008 10:15 MST

 Per   franco.catalano@uniroma1.it
 CC  ncl-talk@ucar.edu
 CCR
 Oggetto  Re: [ncl-talk] label bar precision

Hi Franco,

There isn't a resource that sets the precision of label bar labels
(yet), but I've gotten around the issue by setting
cnExplicitLabelBarLabelsOn = True and passing an array of labels to
lbLabelStrings:

res@cnExplicitLabelBarLabelsOn = True
res@lbLabelStrings = (/"0.0200","0.0201","0.0202"/)

Note that by doing this, you are disassociating the Label Bar labels
from the actual values of your contour plot. Thus, if you change the
contour levels of your plot, you will need to change the lbLabelStrings
as well.

Also note that you can do the same thing if you have a colored
streamline or vector plot by setting vcExplicitLabelBarLabelsOn
or sfExplicitLabelBarLabelsOn.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/lb.shtml#lbLabelStrings
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnExplicitLabelBarLabelsOn

Adam