Re: interpolation error of station into gridded data

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:30:01 -0700 (MST)

Jin-Young,

The idsfft function is not one of our better interpolation routines,
as our documentation states.

You might try some other functions, like natgrid:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/natgrid.shtml

or triple2grid, which doesn't do interpolation:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/triple2grid.shtml

The documentation for these routines point to some other routines
that might be of use.

--Mary