Re: Vertical Cross Section of Chemistry

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:14:02 -0700 (MST)

Hi Jonathan,

The "wrf_user_getvar" that comes bundled with WRFUserARW.ncl
in NCL doesn't have a "co" option. Please see:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_getvar.shtml

for a list of what is supported.

I think you must have a version of WRFUserARWA.ncl that you didn't get
from us? You can look in it for the "wrf_user_getvar" function, and
search for "co" to see what it's trying to do for this quantity.

It sounds like it needs a variable called "PH" on the WRF file in
order to return whatever "co" is. You might be able to grab this code
and calculate some of these quantities yourself if necessary.

--Mary