about the installation of ncl

From: wenchao678 <wenchao678_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 22:05:27 +0800 (CST)

I am a new learner for ncl. Today I downloaded the ncl_ncarg_src-5.0.0.tar from the net. There are some problem When I tried to install in the linux. first I uncompressed the file in the direction of /usr/local. And then I write the environment variables. I added this sentances in the .bashrc :
" export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local

export PATH=(/usr/local/bin $PATH)

export DISPLAY=:0.0

export DISPLAY=192.168.8.12

"
finaly it gets wrong, when I restart the computer, I can't go on linux. I had to go on the windows system to rewrite the environment variables in order to land on linux.
And then I try to write
 "export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local

export PATH=(/usr/local/bin $PATH)

export DISPLAY=:0.0

"

or

"export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local

export PATH=(/usr/local/bin $PATH)

"

it failed too.

So , now I really didn't know how to write my environment variables to complete my installation. Please give me some help, thanks a million.