Re: Rotated lat/lon grid

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 08:40:25 -0700 (MST)

Dennis sent this offline, but I felt it was worth sharing here.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/index.shtml
Under Models", Click "CCSM: POP"

The POP model has an offset pole.

To plot a variable "t" you must associate the 2D lat/lon with the
variable via the reserved attributed "lat2d" and "lon2d":

        lat2d = f->TLAT
        lon2d = f->TLONG
        t_at_lon2d = lon2d
        t_at_lat2d = lat2d

As for plotting the country outlines, this is independent
of contouring. Regardless of what data you are overlaying on the
map, you should be able to get geographical outlines. You don't
have to do anything special other than setting the usual:

     res_at_mpOutlineOn = True
     res_at_mpOutlineBoundarySets = ...... ; if you need something other than
                                        ; the default

--Mary