cnInfoLabels overlap

From: <Oliver.Fuhrer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:40:50 +0100

Hi all,

I'm plotting a series of plots using gsn_map and gsn_contour and then
overlaying them using the overlay command. The WRF routines seem to use
a very similar strategy. In the examples on the WRF homepage (see for
example
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/wrf_Pre
ssureLevel.htm) the cnInfoLabels of each line contour plot do not
overlap and are drawn one below the other.

Using my very simple overlay strategy, the cnInfoLabel are drawn one on
top of the other (see attached graphic). I've tried to reverse engineer
the WRFUserARW.ncl to see how they do it. But I didn't manage to find
it.

Does anyone know what the trick is?

Thanks for your help,
Oliver

Oliver Fuhrer
Numerical Models

Federal Departement of Home Affairs FDHA
Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss

Kraehbuehlstrasse 58, P.O. Box 514, CH-8044 Zurich, Switzerland

Tel. +41 44 256 93 59
Fax +41 44 256 92 78
oliver.fuhrer_at_meteoswiss.ch
www.meteoswiss.ch - First-hand information