Plotting CCSM3 data on a map subset

From: Correia, James <james.correia_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:37:28 -0800

Hi all-
I couldn't find anything which stated what mp resource variables need to be
set or associated in order to plot ccsm data on a map which is not global.
Global works fine but comes associated with a host of error message related
to "no coordinate variables associated".

I fixed one error by using copy_VarCoords, but in subsetting one of the CCSM
variables a dimension mismatch prevents me from doing the same for the last
variable. How does one set the coordinate variables for the derived
variable:

Ccsm derived
TREFHT(1200,128,256) var(120,128,256)

Once I do this, how can I limit the map area on the plot so that it is
regional?
I tried using the var({17:59},{60:120}) notation for a 2d variable in
lat-lon coordinates but the map still is global.

Thanks

James Correia Jr., PhD
Climate Physics Group
Post. Doc.
Pacific Northwest National Lab

"Wisdom. Strength. Courage. Generosity. Each of us are born with one of
these. It is up to us to find the other three inside of us."
-Into the West