Re: New NCL version 5.1.0

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 07:06:10 -0700

Miller, Jesse N. (mxj) wrote:
> So the NCL webpage reports that a new version of NCL, version 5.1.0, will be
> released in early January 2009. Does anyone know whether this is really
> happening? I'm eager to use the new probability density distribution
> function.

> Also, has anyone created a cumulative distribution function using NCL?

The NCL developers have stated that the new release will
occur by the end of January.

I will send you a copy of the 'pdfx' code in a separate email.

Not directly related but there is a cumulative sum function.
Also, the gsn_histogram may return info that could be of use

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/pdfx.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/cumsum.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_histogram.shtml