Histogram questions - transparent fill? bar distance?

From: Michel dos Santos Mesquita <michel_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:31:53 -0900 (AKST)

Hi everyone,

I am creating two histograms plotted in the same figure in NCL (using two
dataset values per bin in the histogram) - like this NCL example:
www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/histo_6_lg.png

I have two questions about that:

1) Is there a way for me to change the distance between the two column
bars (in each bin)? - that is, instead of plotting one behind the other, I
would like to plot them one next to the other.

2) I have attached a figure which was created in another program. I would
like to reproduce that figure in NCL. Two histograms shown in the same
plot: one in the background in gray color. The other in the foreground
using transparent fill. Is that possible in NCL? How?

I thank you in advance!

Regards,

Michel

--