NCL operationally

From: Christian Pagé <page.christian_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:13:16 +0100

Hi all,
Having written a huge NCL script to produce a great number of
semi-operational plots, I can confirm that writing to PS then converting to
GIF or PNG usign convert is very slow for a large number of images. I have
gain a lot of performance writing instead in NCGM with a proper resolution
setting, and then converting to GIF or PNG using convert without much loss
of image quality.

Christian
http://meteocentre.com/home_e.html