Re: wrf_map_overlays

From: Oscar Chimborazo <ochimborazo_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:01:51 -0500

Hello everyone, Mary after I replace the old file WRFUserARW.ncl with the
new one that you gave me, I can run some examples from the tutorial page,
but this one

:
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/wrf_Precip.htm

among others.

I don't know what happen, but I just start the running and I don't get
anything, even an error or something. The running is very fast but I think
that nothing happens. The script is the one withe name: wrf_Precip.ncl.

By the way the first script I showed you didn't work either.

Oscar

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Oscar Chimborazo <ochimborazo_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks a lot Mary, I will try it.
>
> Oscar
>

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Mary Haley <haley_at_ucar.edu> wrote:
>

>> Oscar,
>>
>> I think the version of WRFUserARW.ncl that you have may be old,
>> because the latest version checks for these three attributes before it
>> tries to reference them.
>>
>> I've attached the latest version if you want to give it a try.
>>
>> --Mary
>>

>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Oscar Chimborazo wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone, I have a problem with this function: wrf_map_overlays, it
>>> doesn't work, I've already installed the new script WRFUserARW.ncl, but
>>> when
>>> I try to run it I get this messages:
>>>

>>> warning:Attempt to reference attribute (MP_PHYSICS) which is undefined
>>> warning:Attempt to reference attribute (BL_PBL_PHYSICS) which is
>>> undefined
>>> warning:Attempt to reference attribute (CU_PHYSICS) which is undefined
>>> warning:MapSetTrans: map limits invalid - using maximal area
>>>

>>> Then It never finishes the compilation. The complete script I am using is
>>> this:
>>>
>>> load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
>>> load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl"
>>>
>>> begin
>>> a = addfile("./geo_em.d02.nc","r")
>>> wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","plt_ter5")
>>> opts = True
>>> opts_at_MainTitle = "CAMPOS DE GEOGRID"
>>>
>>> ter = wrf_user_getvar(a,"HGT_M",0)
>>> res = opts
>>> res_at_cnFillOn = True
>>> res_at_ContourParameters = (/ 0.,7000., 150. /)
>>> contour = wrf_contour(a,wks,ter,res)
>>> pltres = False
>>> mpres = False
>>> plot = wrf_map_overlays(a,wks,(/contour/),pltres,mpres)