Re: ceof and reof codes

From: Andrew Mai <mai_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 04:53:10 -0700
Debasish Pai Mazumder wrote:

Dear Taoli,

There are several functions like ¡°eof2data¡±, ¡°eof_varimax¡±, ¡°eofcor¡±, and ¡°eofcor_pcmsg¡± that estimate EOF.

From: Taoli <tudousi_2000>

Has anyone have complex eof and rotated eof routines for NCL or Fortran codes ?

None of the EOF routines in NCL will work on complex data, as the original poster requested. The reason is that there is no complex number data type in NCL.

Taoli: I will email you a Fortran code that does what you want, including rotation in phase space of the final EOFs to match specified complex fields. Feel free to contact me and we can discuss this further.

Andy

--

                        Andrew W. Mai
      ---  __o          National Center for Atmospheric Research