Re: portland group-compiled version of the binaries?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:33:17 -0700 (MST)

Gerry,

I have some PGI binaries for a Linux/x86_64 system. One is with PGI
5.2 and the other with 7.0. Let me know if you want the 5.2 one.

You can use PGI to link against GNU-compiled libraries. You usually
need to include some extra system libraries. This is always worth
a shot before delving into the build.

If you are just doing NCARG (and not NCL), this is a much easier
build. Just be sure to answer "no" to the "Do you want to build NCL"
Configure question.

--Mary