VIM command autocompletion

From: <xavier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 01:13:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I experimented a bit with the VIM to include an auto-completion option for
NCL commands. I think I have some good news for those who do not want to
remember all the commands or consult the website often while writing a
script! I find it particularly useful! Here is what you have to do.

1) save ncl.dic (attached) to ~/.vim/dictionary/

(I took the commands from the ncl syntax file compiled by Arindam
Chakraborty. I am not sure how complete this list is, but one can always
add entries to this file.)

2) make the following entries to your .gvimrc

" Show autocomplete menus.
set complete-=k complete+=k " Add dictionary search (as per dictionary
option)
set wildmode=list:full
set wildmenu
au BufRead,BufNewFile *.ncl set dictionary=~/.vim/dictionary/ncl.dic

3) open your .ncl file and start typing the first letter of the
command/resource/function name and press 'control+n' and choose your
option.

Here is also a screenshot of my editor that works great!

Good luck!
Prince