Order of horizontal/vertical interpolation

From: Hahmann, Andrea N. <ahah_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:31:59 +0100

Dear NCLelers,

I have a question... I though you had answered something similar in the past in the NCL archives but I could not find it. I am interpolating MM5 wind data output (u,v) to a station coordinates and a height of 65 m AGL. What should I do first? Horizontal interpolation to the station lat/lon and then in the vertical? Does it matter? BTW, I am using a log(z) interpolation in the vertical.

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea Hahmann, PhD.

Senior Scientist

Phone direct +45 4677 5471

andrea.n.hahmann_at_risoe.dk

Wind Energy Department

Risų National Laboratory for Sustainable Energy

Technical University of Denmark

Building 118, P.O. Box 49

DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark

Tel +45 4677 4677