Re: problem accessing multiple files using fbinread

From: Helly John J. <hellyj_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:54:51 -0800

Hi Sam.

In linux there is a file-max parameter in the kernel that could
conceivably impose this limit. I don't have any direct experience
with this limit in NCL but I'm a novice user of NCL. BTW, there is a
workshop at SDSC on NCL 24-26 Feb. You can talk to Mary Tyree is that
is of interest to you.

Cheers.
John Helly, University of California, San Diego
San Diego Supercomputer Center, Mail Code 0527
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Climate, Atmospheric Science, and
Physical Oceanography, Mail Code 0224
9500 Gilman Dr., La Jolla CA 92093
+01 760 840 8660 mobile / stonesteps (Skype) / stonesteps7 (iChat) /
URL (http://www.sdsc.edu/~hellyj)