Re: NCL with WRF NMM

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:44:01 -0700

I forwarded the question to wrfhelp_at_ucar.edu

---
That said, NCL handles netCDF and GRIB the same.
It returns variables from both formats into the
same 'variable model'.
      f = addfile("foo.nc", "r")
or
      f = addfile ("foo.grb", "r")
      x = f->Whatever
This is one of the most important features of NCL.
You can always examine the contents of a grb, nc, hdf, hdfeos
file via
ncl_filedump foo.grb
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/ncl_filedump.shtml
---
I am not a WRF expert ... but any of the examples
off the Applications page should work.
Good luck