Problem in making netCDF file and its global attribiute "VAR-LIST"

From: Ehsan Khorsandi <e.khorsandi_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 05:34:45 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

I want ot make a netCDF file as a emission input file for CMAQ
so I need to make it with all attribiutes but I have problem with Glpbal Attribiute "VAR-LIST", I think the problem is for "-" symbole in its name
the eroore is here:

fatal:syntax error: line 47 in file asd2.ncl before or near -
       fout_at_VAR-

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure

and the line I used is like this:

fout_at_VAR-LIST = "ALD2 ALDX CO ETH ETHA ETOH FORM IOLE ISOP MEOH NASN NH3 NO NO2 NR OLE PAR PEC PMC PMFINE PNO3 POA PSO4 SO2 SULF TERP TOL XYL" ;

I cant change its name becuse the IOAPI need it.
please see and get me any sugestion.

Thanks,
Ehsan