fixed map positioning on the paper sheet

From: Patrick Reuter <preuter64_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 02:52:15 +0100

Dear all,

I have a concern when creating NCL maps in similar size for different
variables and areas: actually, I would like that my map has always the
same paper width, so that the left top corner and the right top corner
are always at the same location of the paper sheet. Only the height of
the map should change, so that it respects the aspect ratio.

I would need this information in order to crop fixed-size images. What
happens with gsnMaximize is that whenever the variable changes, there
is a lot of rearrangement in the page according to the values of the
longitude/latitude, or the legend, so that I have to crop every single
map independently.

Hope I was clear ;-)

Thank you all!
    Patrick