Re: shift in wind field

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:34:25 -0600 (MDT)

Eric,

Please see attached PNG and wind_mary.ncl. Does this image look more
in line with what you expect?

It's possible that in the original script, the map projection was not
set up to exactly match the grid that the data were measured on.

Since the 2D lat/lon coordinates were available, I used these to
figure out the correct transformation, instead of assuming the map
projection was exactly right.

It does take longer to use the lat2d/lon2d method, so if you can
figure out the exact map projection, you should go this route.

I did notice that on the file it had attributes:

          grid_mapping_name : polar_stereographic

so I'm wondering if the original map projection is polar
stereographic, and not lambert conformal?

--Mary