maponly_8.ncl

From: <Mark.Collier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:48:13 +1100

Hi,
I am running ncl version 5.0.0 and when I try to run a standard script I get:
ncl maponly_8.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2007 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.0.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal:MapV41DHInitialize: dynamic memory allocation error:[errno=12]
fatal:MapV41DHInitialize: error initializing map outline records
warning:MapV41DHUpdateDrawList: invalid boundary specification string: "china"
warning:MapV41DHUpdateDrawList: invalid boundary specification string: "india"
warning:MapV41DHUpdateDrawList: invalid boundary specification string: "nepal"
warning:MapV41DHUpdateDrawList: invalid boundary specification string: "bhutan"
warning:MapV41DHUpdateDrawList: invalid boundary specification string: "bangladesh"
warning:MapV41DHUpdateDrawList: invalid boundary specification string: "myanmar"
warning:MapV41DHUpdateDrawList: invalid boundary specification string: "thailand"
warning:MapV41DHUpdateDrawList: invalid boundary specification string: "cambodia"
warning:MapV41DHUpdateDrawList: invalid boundary specification string: "vietnam"
warning:MapV41DHUpdateDrawList: invalid boundary specification string: "taiwan"
 ERROR 2 IN MPLNRI/MDLNRI - Can't open the ".names" file
 ERROR 1 IN MPSETR - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR 1 IN MAPPOS - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR 1 IN MAPSTI - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR 1 IN MAPROJ - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
 ERROR 2 IN MAPSET/MDPSET - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
fatal:MapSetTrans: error initializing map: MAPINT - UNCLEARED PRIOR ERROR
Segmentation fault

I'm wondering what could be wrong? Simple scripts like ng4ex gsun06n work. I want to eventually plot contour maps of Australia showing state boundaries. Are they already known about or do I have to import them somehow?
THanks,
Mark.
CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research
Australia.