Can't read NCEP NAM12 Grib2 files

From: Ron Chapman <Ron.Chapman_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:15:42 -0400

We are having difficulty reading NCEP NAM12 grib2 files from the NOAA
ftp site. The actual grib files are the NAM 218 AWIPS Grid - CONUS
(12-km Resolution) found at the link
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/products/nam

The output from ncl_dumpfile is

$ ncl_filedump nam.grib
 Copyright (C) 1995-2009 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.1.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
Variable: f (file variable)

filename: nam
path: nam.grib
   file global attributes:
   dimensions:
   variables:

when I try and read the grib file with the following ncl script I get a
segmentation fault.

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

begin

   diri = "./nam_dynamic/" ; input data directory
   setfileoption("grb","SingleElementDimensions","Forecast_time" )
   fils = systemfunc("cd "+diri +" ; ls DOWNLOAD*.grib")
   f = addfiles (diri+fils, "r")
end

Any suggestions??

     RWDI - One of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies
     www.rwdi.com/50_best/

This communication is intended for the sole use of the party to whom it was addressed and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this email and delete the message without retaining any hard or electronic copies of same.

Outgoing emails are scanned for viruses, but no warranty is made to their absence in this email or attachments.