Re: WRF output animated output either gif or mpg using NCL

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:34:44 -0600

Hi Dierk,

I didn't think ImageMagick was all that difficult to
install. They usually
have precompiled binaries for several systems.

Also, on the Mac, you can use:

    fink install imagemagick

and it will install all the needed packages for you. I
image
under Linux you can probably install with "yum" or
something similar.

I'm not an expert on other options in this area,
unfortunately.
It depends a lot on how high-quality you need your movie
to be, how much control you want over it, etc.

I've CC'ed wrfhelp because I think they've had some
experience specifically with creating WRF animations.

--Mary