Re: Shade land in oceanic plot

From: Asher, Vinit Narendra <vinit.asher_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:48:16 +0000

Hi Adam,

The cnMissingValFillColor = "black" didn't work. Could you give me a brief description on how to use the gsn_add_polygon function?

Best Regards,

Vinit Asher
vinit.asher_at_mavs.uta.edu

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:03:11 -0600
Hi Vinit,
Have you tried setting: cnMissingValFillColor = "black" ? (My original
suggestion of setting this resource = "transparent" and mpLandFillColor
= "black" was based on the thought that you were constructing a lat x
lon map.)
If that doesn't work then you can try using the bathymetry information
(assuming you have it). You can use gsn_add_polygon to outline the ocean
floor and then fill in beneath it. Adam