Re: Drawing streamlines freezes NCL script

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:47:05 -0600 (MDT)

Samuel,

I think the problem is that you have 1D lat/lon coordinate arrays, but
the latitude values are monotonically decreasing instead of
increasing.

I'm surprised ncl didn't issue a warning (I've CC'ed Dave Brown on
this).

Meanwhile, right before the lines:

   lat_0 = uu&g0_lat_0
   lon_1 = uu&g0_lon_1

add the following line to reverse the latitude values:

   uu&g0_lat_0 = uu&g0_lat_0(::-1)

Dave, let me know if this shouldn't be an issue, and I'll provide
you with a sample script offline.

--Mary