Re: string color function code

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:57:14 -0600 (MDT)

Jamie,

It is not trivial to change the color of a string in mid-string,
unfortunately.

I've never understood this, because you can change the font itself in
mid-string, using function code "F":

res_at_tiMainString = "This~F15~is gothic english ~F26~ and this is times-bold"

It seems that a color change could be done similarly.

As it is, I think you would have to draw the strings individually in
the color that you want. This is somewhat of a pain, for example, if
you want to draw a main title in different colors. You wouldn't
be able to use "tiMainString"; rather, you would have to use
gsn_text_ndc to draw the different strings individually.

I'll see if this is something we can add to the list.

--Mary