Units used for drawing windbarbs

From: TJ <wxtofly_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 23:59:04 -0700

Hi,
I am using gsn_vector(wks,ugrid,vgrid,res) with
uv_res_at_vcGlyphStyle = "WindBarb" to create wind profiles over time.
ugrid and vgrid are in m/s.

Are the wind barbs drawn still following the knots conventions as to number and
type of feathers, or do I need to change the units before drawing the plot?
I am using uv_res_at_vcMonoWindBarbColor = False so the barbs are colored.
Will their color be dependent on knots or m/s?

TJ Olney

Var summaries:
Variable: ugrid
Type: float
Total Size: 1344 bytes
             336 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [bottom_top | 21] x [Time | 16]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 6
   coordinates : XLONG XLAT
   stagger :
   units : m s-1
   description : x-wind component
   MemoryOrder : XYZ
   FieldType : 104

Variable: vgrid
Type: float
Total Size: 1344 bytes
             336 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [bottom_top | 21] x [Time | 16]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 6
   coordinates : XLONG XLAT
   stagger :