Re: Changing Directories in the middle of an NCL script

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:00:56 -0600

As I see it, the only directory-dependent thing that you can do with
NCL is to read and write disk files. So instead of depending on the
concept of a "current directory" to get things done, why not simply
add the base directory name DIR1, DIR2 etc. onto each file name?
What else could you possibly be doing that really needs a current
directory?

   base="DIR1"
   do_things_with (base+filename1, base+filename2)
   base="DIR2"
   do_things_with (base+filename1, base+filename2)

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/psd1/