possible bug in gsn_polygon

From: Michael Duda <duda_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:13:52 -0600

Hi, Folks,

I'm using NCL 5.1.0 on NCAR's bluefire (although the problem appears on other
machines, too), and I'm running into a error when using gsn_polygon(...) to add
a polygon to a map. The error message I see is:

 Copyright (C) 1995-2009 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.1.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal:MapDataPolygon: ARPRAM - ALGORITHM FAILURE

However, if I just changing the center lat or lon of the map (mpCenterLatF or
mpCenterLonF) by even one degree, the problem disappears and the polygon appears
on the plot as expected. Appended below is the script I'm using. Could anyone,
especially an NCL developer, comment on whether this is a bug? Any other
suggestions on a workaround would also be great.

Best regards,
Michael

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"

begin

  wks = gsn_open_wks("pdf","triangle")
  gsn_define_colormap(wks,"gui_default")

  res = True