Re: NAM precip interpolation

From: Jamie Scott <James.D.Scott_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:54:05 -0600

I'm pretty sure in the NAM model the precip field is a function of
(y,x) not (lat,lon), and the lat/lon coordinates are also a function
of (y,x) since it is an equal area grid.
You need to convert the lat and lon variables to 1D variables (using
ndtooned) and convert the precip to 1D as well.
Then use cssgrid to do the interpolation (http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/cssgrid.shtml
).
Are you really trying to go from 12km to 4km? It's usually best to
go the other way. Interpolation could lead to some spurious results.

-Jamie