Re: Plotting Colors for Missing Values

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 08:55:03 -0600

Hi Melissa,
As far as I know, nothing has changed with regards to filling of missing
value areas, or of filling of land areas between 5.0.0 and 5.1.0.

Note that when you are specifying a color in any resource that accepts
it, that NCL will use the color you specify, or if that exact color
isn't available, it will try to pick the color that it thinks is closest
to the color your asked for.

For instance, let's say that while setting cnFillOn = True (needed to
use cnMissingValFillColor), I set cnMissingValFillColor = "white". If my
colormap does not have white in it, NCL will choose a color it thinks is
closest to white, say perhaps light green.

If what I said above doesn't help, respond to the group with your
resource list along with a .jpg,.gif, etc. of your plot.
Adam