Re: Masking a map correctly with a black background

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:27:10 -0600 (MDT)

Mark,

Horrors on my part. I spent a bit of time convincing myself yesterday
that the default map database didn't have ice shelves, and now that
I've apparently rebooted my brain, I do see them. Grrrr.

I'm not sure what I did yesterday, because I know I generated maps
that contained solid gray fill where there should have been ice
shelves.

Well, mystery aside, these ice shelves that you are seeing in black
(once you swap the foreground/background colors) is due to the fact
that they are considered part of the ocean in the default map
database. There's no way to single them out to color them in white.

So, we're back to having to use the "Earth..4" database if you want to
color those ice shelves individually. You need to have V5.1.0 in order
to get these shelves.

Please see the attached script (and image), which is taken from your
last script, with your original color map added back in.

I'm sorry about the go around on this. Now I'll probably spend another
hour trying to prove I didn't imagine things yesterday. :-)

--Mary