If I knew what to call this... meteogram-like

From: TJ <wxtofly_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 01:45:40 -0700

I am trying to create a sort of meteogram-type plot where I the x-axis
is time and the y-axis is altitude.
I have successfully gotten stacked windbarbs over time and a background
coloring showing the local lapse rate at each pressure level over time.
However, when I tried to also plot a marker for lcl at each time, I got
something that looked right, but upon checking the data, was not
plotting on the same pressure levels as the other two plots.

The three plots are
wind_gram = gsn_vector(wks,ugrid,vgrid,uv_res) ;ugrid and
vgrid are the usual x and y wind components
lapserate=gsn_csm_contour(wks,lgrid,lapse_res) ; lgrid
is the local lapse rate on the same grid as above
and
cb_plot =
gsn_y(wks,lcl,cld_res) ;lcl is
an array of calculated lcl's by time.
  which seems to work the same as
cb_plot = gsn_csm_xy(wks,counter,lcl,cld_res) ;counter is
just a dummy 1,2,3,etc.

What is a good way to ensure that the plot of lcl will be using the same
y-axis pressure levels as the other two???

Overlay always comes back with a wrong type can't coerce error.

Even better would be a way to make all the pressures from my wrfout
files "nice" levels and have all three plots use those levels.

I don't know exactly what level of detail to provide, but much more is
available.

Thanks for any help.
TJ Olney