area_hi2lores application to NARR!

From: Sanjiv Kumar <sanjivconscious_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 14:53:21 -0400

Hi,

I was wondering, whether we can use "area_hi2lores" for interpolating NARR
data to T85 CCSM resolution.

since NARR, 'lat' coordinate is not monotonically increasing, that is one
reason why we cannot use "area_hi2lores".

Is there any other similar function for the NARR data application.

I was using "triple2grid" function, as suggested in the NARR application,
but that does not do the interpolation, it uses nearest neighbour approach.

thanks
sanjiv