Anomalous white space on plots

From: Helen Parish <hparish_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 21:37:17 -0700

Can anyone tell me why I get white space at the top of my plots, and
how I can get rid of it to produce publication quality plots ?. I
have plotted the same dataset twice in (a) and (b) below. In (a) I
plotted the whole of the vertical range. In (b), I plotted the first
20 vertical levels of the same dataset. Since (a) is continuous,
without any missing data at the top, why should there be white space
when I plot a part of the dataset ?.

Even if the routine just does this, for some reason, is there a fix I
can use to get rid of the white space ?.

Thanks,
Helen.