Re: wkspacetime

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:18:10 -0600

vishal vijay dixit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to plot wheeler kiladis diagrams with wkspacetime for daily
> mean NCEP/NCAR - OLR datasets with NCL 5.1.0.
> I had 2 doubts about the same:

doubts ==> questions

> 1. Is it possible to plot WK diagram for a particular time-longitude
> section ( say 1 Jan'87 - 1 June'87 for longitudes 100E - 120 E ) with
> the help of wkspacetime or wkspacetime_cam.

I don't understand. The wkspacetime use FFT's in the longitude
direction. This is how one gets zonal wave number.

> I saw diagnostics_cam; It seems latL= 0 E and latR= 360 E are
> hardcoded. How to change them?

Well you could copy the diagnostics_cam.ncl and create your own.
Still, I am not sure how you plan to use this.

> 2. How to take out the difference between two wheeler-kiladis diagrams (
> which are plotted for same w,k domain )

There is an undocumented option to create netCDF.

     opt_at_netCDF = True

     opt_at_filNetCDF = "FOO.nc" ; what ever you want to name it

Run the script twice ... then red in the two netCDF and
perform a difference.

Good luck