Re: [ncarg-talk] [ncl-talk] NCAR Graphics failed

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:15:41 -0600

Sabeerali,

NCAR Graphics has an internal PNG driver, and hence now requires the
PNG library to be compiled.

I updated our FAQ to include information about this. Please go to
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/FAQ/
and search for "-lpng" and you should find some detailed instructions
on how to get and install
this library.

You may already have the library on your system, so look for it
before you try to install it yourself.
On Mac systems, sometimes it can be found in /sw/lib.

--Mary