redundant data makes getting just the appended data difficult

From: Donna Cote <d-cote_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 23:30:16 -0500

Is there an (easy) implementation of ncl which will accept two netCDF
files. The first has five minutes (approximately) of metar data by site
and time-of-observation and the second file has the same five minutes
plus another five minutes of more observations. By the end of the hour,
I have a 9Mb netCDF file which takes forever to process in order to get
the data I need.

I have in mind some "process" that would give me a file (or array) of
those observation records that are new and not duplicated in both of the
two files.

I could use some ideas to get started or would like to hear if anyone
else has already done something like this.

Thanks,
Donna
Texas A&M University