Re: calculate divergence/convergence from WRF output

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 12:37:06 -0600

This has been forwarded to 'wrf_help'

I would think you would have to use
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wrf_uvmet.shtml
then do as you propose.

Po-Lun Ma wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to compute divergence/convergence from
> WRF output? I did not find a function that can do this. It seems to me
> that one has to first interpolate WRF output to a lat/lon grid using
> rcm2rgrid_Wrap, and then calculate the divergence. But how big of an
> error this method will result in? Does anyone know a different approach?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Po-Lun

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |