Spaghetti Plots of 564dm

From: Lunde, Bruce N CIV NAVOCEANO, NP1 <bruce.lunde_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:09:02 -0400

Hello,

I am looking at www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tigge.shtml

the the example "tigge_2.ncl"

I had a few basic questions of what it is doing.

(I am trying to make a spaghetti plot from a set of
separate netcdf files.)

In your example, all of the ensemble data (for all levels)
is contained in one grib file.

You load all the data, then pull out one level (one
pressure level at 500hPa) for all the ensemble
members.

You then find the contour of the 564dm reading.

1) Is this correct ?

2) Could you refresh me on what the "564dm" refers to ?

Thanks, Bruce