building NCARG for the first time

From: Hatch-Aguilar, Thomas J CIV NAWCWD China Lake, 4J3300D <thomas.hatch-aguilar_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:15:52 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to build the NCARG libraries and here are the steps I have
taken and their result.

-Blockdata test passed all tests.
-Since I'm only interested in NCARG without HDF support I bypassed
building HDF.
-Decompressed NCL-NCARG source v5.0.0 to a temp. folder.
-I assigned the variable $NCARG to where I decompressed the files and
tested the variable successfully.
-Modified ymake because it didn't recognized my system right away.
(Linux cluster Intel based x86_64)
-ymake complained about not finding the configuration file @
$NCARG_ROOT, therefore I defined this variable using the "export"
command pointing it to were the configuration file is located inside the
newly decompressed files from above
(./tempfolder/ncl-ncarg...v5.../config/). This seemed to fix this
aspect.
-After these changes it was able to recognize the system correctly, as
far as I know, yet an error occurs at "ymake-filter". It echoes back to
the users: ymake-filter: command not found

Does anybody know what it is asking for? From what I can tell the
ymake-filter takes away spaces, tabs, etc. from ymake, right?

If anybody knows how I should proceed please let me know, thanks!!!
Regards,
Thomas