Re: Order of function load matters ??

From: Arindam Chakraborty <arch_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 02:35:59 +0630

Hello All,
 probably 'load' of NCL defines all the functions in memory including their
dependencies and therefore the functions being used have to be predefined. One
way out could be just to list the functions, which are defined within the
files, on to the memory while 'load'-ing (say, after syntax checking, note the
file name and line number where the function starts). A function can be loaded
to the memory only when it is called. This way the dependency to a function
which is being 'load'-ed later can be avoided. A possible drawback of this
could be decrease of performance since NCL needs to do more work during
execution of the job.

regards,

arindam