Re: Fill pattern of legend

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 07:42:20 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, louis Vonder wrote:

> Dear NCL users,
>
> I am trying to modify ncl example 9 on Bar Charts to substitute the colored bar by filled patterns. The bar is working.
>
> But I don't know how to proceed on the legend.
>
> I am wiating for your king suggestion.
>
> Thanks

Dear Louis,

By "legend" I assume you mean the labelbar that is created with the
"gsn_labelbar_ndc" call?

You should be able to get filled patterns out of this
by setting:

lbres_at_lbMonoFillPattern = False ; More than one fill pattern allowed
lbres_at_lbFillPatterns = (/...some array of fill pattern indexes/)

I've updated example 9 on the labelbar page to demonstrate filled
patterns:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml