Re: errors with AMWG diagnostic package

From: Fred Clare <fredclare_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:04:49 -0600

In fact you cannot have more than one PDF workstation open at a time.
PDF files end with a pointer to a reference table that specifies byte
addresses
for PDF objects in the file. This table cannot be completed until the
file is
closed. I decided that the benefit/cost ratio was not high enough to
make
the necessary mods to keep in memory all of the necessary pointers for
more than a single PDF output file, since I was thinking it would be
rare
that someone would want that.

This limitation is mentioned at:

  http://ncarg.ucar.edu/gks/pdf.html