Re: Nongeographical Coordinate Variables

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 08:29:31 -0600

On Jul 1, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Lunde, Bruce N CIV NAVOCEANO, NP1 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a two-dimensional data array
> whose coordinates are not longitude
> or latitude.
>
> I was hoping to use gsn_csm_contour
> to plot it by assinging coordinate
> variables to the data array via
> the syntax
>
> data!0 = "x"
> data_at_x = x
> data!1 = "y"
> data_at_y = y
>
> Is there an example of how to do this ?
>
> Is this where the sfXArray enters in ?
>
> Also, how can I assigna two-dimensional
> coordinate variables, like what is done
> with "lat2d" ,etc.

Bruce,

Hopefully the email I sent yesterday answers your questions about non
geographical uses for gsn_csm_contour.

For 2D coordinates, you can use sfXArray, sfYArray:

    res_at_sfXArray = x
   res_at_sfYArray = y

Really, when you do "data_at_lat2d" and "data_at_lon2d", it's just creating
the above two lines for you, so
it's the same thing.

--Mary