Looking for Forecast Zone boundaries

From: Don Morton <morton_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 18:08:08 -0800

Hi, I think this is a long shot, but I'm wondering if there is the
capability to plot "Forecast Zone" (NWS) boundaries in an NCL plot.
I've tried setting the mpOutlineBoundarySets resource to
"AllBoundaries" and, in Alaska, all it produces is the border with
Canada.

Under the assumption that the answer to my question is, "you gotta be
kidding," my next move "might" be to find someone here who happens to
have the lat/lon for the line segments that constitute the boundaries
of the forecast zones. I could then insert them via polyline
functions. The question is, if I were to do this, would the data be
of interest to anybody? Is there a way that I would be able to get
this incorporated into a database for the next NCL?

Thanks,

Don Morton

---
Don Morton