wind vector plot from a Polar Stereographic grid

From: Álvaro M. Valdebenito B. <alvaro.valdebenito_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:19:00 +0200

Hi ncl-talk,

I want to generate wind vector plots from a Polar Stereographic grid.
The wind components on my datasets are NOT zonal and meridional
velocities in the lat/lon sense.
So I need to rotate them as in the POP vector examples
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/popvec.shtml

Unfortunately my dataset do not contain the rotation angles between the
Polar Stereographic grid and a lat/lon grid (as the POP examples do).
Does any one have an idea of how to calculate them from the lon2d and
lat2d coordinates?

Thanks in advance,
Á.

--
Álvaro M. Valdebenito B.                      alvaro.valdebenito_at_met.no
Air Pollution Section/Research Department     Tel. +47-2296 3397